We trace our earliest roots in Charlotte to April 1906 when Elder Alexander Dawson came to Charlotte, North Carolina. During this time, many of the tabernacles of the Church of God and Saints of Christ began with Ministers preaching on the streets. This was not an easy task but crowds grew and listened attentively as he earnestly preached “Thus Saith the LORD.” Elder Dawson made our first presence known at the corner of Stonewall and Mint Streets where he preached his first sermon which was dramatic enough to draw many who eventually became members. His next choice to continue the message was at the corner of Third and Myers Streets where he delivered another powerful sermon which attracted even more souls. Eventually this marked the location of our first tabernacle building.